How many of you can relate to these??
You know you're the parent of a toddler when....
- A vacation is defined as being alone in the bath tub with a glass of wine and some peace and quiet.
- People come over to your house and you always open the door and say,"Sorry for the mess...a 2 year old toddler tornado has taken over my house." Or something like that, lol.
- You say meal blessings with your eyes open. It's amazing what those little hands can grab off your plate and smear everywhere in the time it takes to thank God for your food.
- Sleeping past 9 o'clock is a lot like winning the lottery...too good to be true.
- You find crayon remnants in every nook and cranny in your house. Poor guys, they never stood a chance.
- The word "no" dominates your vocabulary even though it mostly gets ignored. Hey, can't blame us for tryin'.
- You know markers are a stupid idea but you give them to your kid anyway because it entertains them for at least 20 minutes.
- You silently curse stores for putting toys in the checkout line. What a bunch of geniuses. They know how to make a fast dolla.
- You know the theme song to just about every cartoon there is. I personally can't get the Mickey Mouse Hot Dog song out of my head...hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog...
- At least one Lego has attacked your foot in the middle of the night.
- You talk to yourself just to get a little adult conversation every now and then.
- You don't bother with a bib at meal times because food is going everywhere regardless of how big the bib is.
- You bribe your kid with candy in the store. It doesn't matter how healthy a lifestyle you're trying to live...if you wanna get some shopping done...you are going to give your kid some chocolate.
- You've realized there is a secret hiding place they have where they hide the t.v. remote. Why is it always the remote? Every time.
- You can talk about poop at dinner and still be able to eat.
- Pinterest has become both a blessing and a curse. It's full of great toddler ideas but it makes you wonder where these women got the time to come up with this crap. They must not really have toddlers.
- You've had at least 100 pretend conversations on a pretend phone.
- You're convinced you're doing a terrible job at the parenting thing...but you're not.
This is just the short listed version. I could probably come up with a thousand if I tried. Having a toddler is so much fun...but it's also a lot of work. Best job in the world, right? :)
What are some of your "toddler"-ism's?